Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Grizzlies
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road
Keys:
  • Lineup fluidity: After last night's loss there were plenty discussion about the fluidity of lineups. Bowe also posted an excellent piece about the topic on MMB today, which I couldn't agree more with. The juggling is fine as long as it works, but you can make a point that this team has been winning without getting into any sort of rhythm internally. Also, why mix and match against literally the worst team in the league? We should have an advantage and be using the lineups we want to use and are our best. Long story short: Get in some consistency.
  • Starting lineup: That said, let's start games with our best possible lineup of Luka, KP, Wright, Seth, and Maxi. Ideally you want to have two of Luka, Wright, Brunson on the court at all times and when KP in when Luka sits. It's not rocket science. Then bring THJ for Seth, Powell for Maxi, and one of Dodo or Jackson for Wright. We still have a stretch of relatively easy games ahead. Use that to give these lineups some consistency.
  • Powell: Like mentioned above, he should be taken out of the starting lineup until he's looking better. As of right now his rim-running advantage doesn't outweigh his lack of energy and defense. He allowed 10-for-15 shooting vs. the Knicks. Maxi 1-for-11. WOW!
  • The opponent: I might sound like a broken record, but the Grizzlies are another team Mavs are supposed to beat. -4.5 fav, plus we've been better on the road so far. They're on a b2b as well. We should win.
  • Ja and their bigs: Ja Morant has been stellar so far for Memphis and easily is their best offensive player. Him and their two versatile bigs in Valančiūnas and JJJ present another challenge for the Mavs (lack of) interior defense. Powell could struggle again, but like I said I don't think he should start anyway.
  • Will KP play? It's the first b2b for the Mavs and KP being rested is a real possibility. In that case use Boban instead of Powell.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 9: DAL (5-3) @ MEM (2-6) | Nov 9, 7:00 pm | both on B2B | Mavs 4.5 pt favs - by j0Shi - 11-09-2019, 12:42 PM