Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-27-2021, 03:09 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't know if this is helpful, but here is what I have been able to gather as far as reporting on the transaction. Sources reported are primarily Mark Stein, Donnie, and Rick. 

The Mavs did not want to trade any of their "top nine" rotation players at the TDL, unless they could acquire a player who (1) was clearly better than whoever he was replacing, and (2) could be integrated immediately (i.e., would not require a period of chemistry adjustment). James Johnson+ did not enable them to acquire such a player, although they tried. 

They also tried to get in as a third team on some bigger deals, but nothing came through. Donnie was still very anxious to use James Johnson's contract for something. They were also still trying to work on getting George Hill. JJ Redick came up very, very late in the process, and there was no time to study his medicals. Ultimately, Donnie thought it was better to take a chance on Redick being able to help the team in the playoffs than to keep the two guys who were already out of the rotation and the pick. 

Donnie is aware that Redick was hoping to be bought out and play where he wanted (said to be Brooklyn), but thinks that, notwithstanding that, he is positive about coming to Dallas. Luka and Dirk have texted him. Redick already has a connection with Casey via USA Basketball, and they will work on the medical issues. Did not have a timetable at last report, but the issue is that a non-surgical procedure on his heel was done, I believe about three weeks ago, and when/if he makes a recovery from that. 

The team did not want to make a major move unless it was clearly warranted at this time, because they were afraid it would set them back too much this season if they had to take a step back before new acquisitions were integrated. However, they expect to be "very aggressive" in the off-season.

Whoa nice reporting there. Thanks for consolidating all that!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by Kammrath - 03-27-2021, 03:16 PM