Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(03-26-2021, 11:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree. 

He'll never be as versatile on offense as Aaron Gordon, but that's probably a good comp for him, athletically. A guy with the ideal body for a 3, but who's really at his best as an undersized 4, where his athletic gifts are so advantageous for him that his lack of skill with the ball doesn't matter. He will be an absolute monster on defense, rebounding and running the floor. And, just like Gordon, though he'll be playing the 4, he can easily cross match and guard bigger wings. 

I'm very excited about Tyler Bey.

Thirded.  Outside of Luka, Bey's probably the most excited I've been about a Mavs draft pick since I don't know when.

I'm not sure I see the AG comparison but AG's build has always reminded me of Dwight Howard (maybe it's just the magic connection).  Solid muscular athletes with thick frames and insane explosiveness given their sizes.   Or as my father would put it, "built like a brick shithouse".  Bey's frame seems more slight.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by cow - 03-26-2021, 03:02 PM