Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
I think we all need to take a deep breath on our vision of our rookies.   This is a weird year and I wasn't expecting much.  Did I expect maybe some minutes for Green with all the players we had out?  Probably.  But I wasn't expecting to have an answer for him for at least a few years.   Will he be better than some of the guys who have played early?  I have no idea.    Even with a full college season last year, summer league and a full camp, I wasn't expecting much.    If you add everything else and a weird end to the college season and now summer league, this is really hard for most rookies.  Some rookies have played well, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.  

Making conclusions on the rookies now would be similar to judging a baseball player in his first two weeks in the big leagues.   

I have concerns with all four of our rookies, but I think that is fine.    Green was a former five star recruit.   He has athleticism to play in the NBA.   He looks like a hard worker.   His shot is not broken (it will probably take him time to get NBA range and that is pretty normal).  We will see if he turns into anything.    If he takes a jump in a year and a half from now, that would be a nice added boost for this team.   We will see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by Chicagojk - 03-20-2021, 06:24 PM