Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Blazers
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: DAL (21-19) @ POR (25-16) | 119-125 loss
(03-20-2021, 01:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is a coaching or a KP problem. Luka has had GREAT two man games with different guys, if cannot achieve it with KP then it is either the coaching choosing not to do it or KP either not wanting to or not being able to.

I still think one of RC or KP needs to go.

Here is what I think it is.  Luka plays the game like it's Luka and everyone else.  What I mean is, that it's Luka, obviously way better (don't mean that arrogant on his part) and then there's everyone else...like it's two levels of players.  Luka level...then everyone else are interchangeable widgets.  If Maxi is open, I'll throw it to Maxi.  If KP is open, I'll throw it to KP...whoever is open.  My problem is that they are not interchangeable. KP is a better player.

You are even leaning that way here with the way you phrased your post, maybe subconsciously.  

I don't care what kind of TWO MAN game Luka has had with WHOEVER...for this team to win and be it's best, KP has to be involved offensively.  KP standing in the corner for 8 MINUTES to close the game is absolute nonsense...seriously.  KP played HORRIBLE in the first half.  He starts the second half, goes 3-3 in the third, gets a couple of fouls, then doesn't get another shot for over a quarter's worth of gameplay?  That's not going to work well at all, espeically with a big man who needs to touch the ball to get it all working.  There are LOTS of players who have to get it going...every other post game show some analyst talks about how Team Y has got to get "Player X" going early if they are going to win..."got to get him touches because they can't without him"..."got to find a way".  They do that with QBs in football...he's off, you get him some easy throws to get him back on.

JRich/Luka OR Maxi/Luka are going to get you nothing but send home in the playoffs.  KP is NOT Shaq, but he is one of our top two players, and the Lakers NEVER won running Shaq in the corner for the last 8 minutes of the game, guarded by the 3rd or 4th best defensive player on the other team and running the two man game with Kobe and Fisher.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 40: DAL (21-19) @ POR (25-16) | 119-125 loss - by TXBamanut - 03-20-2021, 02:30 PM