Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Blazers
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: DAL (21-19) @ POR (25-16) | 119-125 loss
(03-20-2021, 10:47 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: And you blame Luka for that. The way he looked off two defenders with a fake pass to Powell and swung it to a wide open THJ in the corner was legendary. Of course THJ missed it. Porzingis and Richardson barely drawing the front iron on their pathetic post-up attempts. That is on Luka? The problem is still the same. Nobody else on this team can create for others, Brunson/THJ can for themselves. That is why it is completely useless to go for a Gordon or Collins type. We need another elite creator/scorer like a DeRozan. Nobody plays defence anymore until the last minutes of a game and that's when we get exposed as one-dimensional.? I trust Kanter more than Porzingis to create for himself, but I'm sure the advanced analytics say that even Powell is a better basketball player Enes. If we had Lavine or Randle we would be a legit contender, but Mavs were too busy playing with their moneyball models rather than watch basketball games. Luka is more than ready. You pretty much nailed our problems otherwise. Porzingis is not a reliable #2.

I blamed the coaching staff for not integrating a 2man game that utilizes your two best players. Not Luka

For the offense going stagnant I said Luka is young in that RC has already given him the play calling duties. Live by the 3 and die by the 3 is not a cliche. We had the same issue last year even with Seth in here. There is no real movement off the ball. It is not Luka’s fault that he is asked to be the best player and be an offensive coach too.  He is being asked to improvise all the time. 

The key IMO is getting your best players to play off one another. That is on the coaching staff. I don’t see even in games that we win where there is an attempt to consistently do that. Once you do that and establish that other things will take care of itself.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 40: DAL (21-19) @ POR (25-16) | 119-125 loss - by hakeemfaan - 03-20-2021, 10:57 AM