Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Bradley paralyzed after he was struck from behind by an automobile
Quick personal story.

I've always had a soft spot for Shawn Bradley. Dallas traded for him back when I was in college, and I remember going to a free Fan Jam and sitting courtside where I got to see just how incredibly tall he was for the first time. It made the NBA seem much more "real" than what you see on TV or from the nosebleeds. I also once ran into him at a local restaurant where he and his wife were herding a ton of kids, and he seemed like such a nice dude. I ran a small Mavs-related website from the campus computers between classes, and when fans were particularly harsh on him I wrote a small bit about the experience and how I admired his professionalism on the court and his dedication to his family off the court. Lo and behold, his parents actually read it and emailed me to thank me for the kind words and tell me I was exactly right. They're a kind and gracious family all around.

So my prayers go up to you, Shawn. You are a big part of how I grew to love the NBA. I rooted for you before and I'm not about to let up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shawn Bradley paralyzed after he was struck from behind by an automobile - by Tyler - 03-17-2021, 05:57 PM