Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
Highlights of Tyrell Terry this G-League season:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMH6QRjh4hx/?hl=en

I did not watch any games, just highlights.  so it is tough to get a real good feel.  As I didn't see how he defended or set up others.

As far as negatives, for me his three point shooting was a little disappointing.  33%.   Shooting the further distance and not having much run over the past year is something you need to account for.  Although, if he is going to make a mark in the NBA, he needs to prove to be a great shooter.   The other negative for me is the low assist numbers.   Reading about him prior to the draft, he was suppose to be a pass first kid in his AAU team.  At Stanford, he was one of a few guys who handled the ball.   He will need to continue to improve on running an offense.  Either as the lead guard or a secondary player.   This will require minutes on the court.  Hopefully the Mavs have a strategy to continue to have him improve every day and work him hard, because I doubt he will get many minutes this year.

The positives for me is he is really crafty and creative finishing in the lane.    He will need to continue to work on his body because teams are going to punish him more on drives in the NBA.  Although, this appears to be a really good sign.  Him not being just a guy who shoots but looks to attack can really be helpful once the rest of his game matures.  Another positive is he got a lot of minutes.   Being a young kid and not playing competitive, challenging games over the past year is tough.    So having him get a lot of minutes is a nice sign.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by Chicagojk - 03-07-2021, 07:19 PM