Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
Here’s where I am with Green:

He has NBA plus size and athletic ability for his position. He has shown strong instincts for defense and for moving without the ball on offense. He can’t shoot well enough to play yet.

If he is focused on becoming a good professional and has a good work ethic he will come back from the next off-season with an improved catch and shoot game and will begin to get minutes. If not, he will bust, at least here in Dallas.

It’s all dependent on what type of person he is, or at least on whether he fully grasps and appreciates the reality of the opportunity in front of him. Many 18-22 year olds wouldn’t. I’m sure every team employs an extensive process to determine whether or not each draft prospect has the personality drive to become a good professional, but since that’s probably nearly impossible to do, it’s a bit of a crap shoot. 

Wake me up this time next year and we can start forming opinions about Green. Terry, too, for that matter, but I personally have a feeling about him already. Smart people like him usually rise to the top of every possession, even sports.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by KillerLeft - 03-03-2021, 12:45 AM