Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
My timelines and expectations for Green and Terry are different.  Terry is a future projection pick.   I will be surprised if he helps next year.   The hope is you drafted a guy a year too early and get the benefits in year 3-4.

Green was a former 5 star recruit, had a pretty good Freshman season and is a strong, athletic player already.   My benchmarks for him are two San Antonio players: Keldon Johnson and Lonnie Walker.  Green has similar athletic talents than those two.   Walker is in his third year now and is making a nice little leap.  Johnson is in his second year and played most of last season in the G-League until he showed up and played well in the bubble.   He has also made a leap this year.

I won't say it will be bustville for Green if he is not getting consistent minutes next year, but I will view it as a negative sign.  I am looking for similar growth for Green as Lonnie Walker, Keldon Johnson and the Suns Mikal Bridges (who played three years in college, but took him about a year and a half in the pros until you saw a jump).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by Chicagojk - 03-02-2021, 08:20 AM