Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-27-2021, 02:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Jonathan Givony lists Tyrell Terry as one of the prospects who have a cause of concern.

https://i.redd.it/ip6qwu7e51k61.jpg

A few things:
Givony and Schmitz and the Ringer are in a little bit of a turf war on Terry and also Killian Hayes.  The Ringer (Kevin O'conner) were much higher on both than ESPN+.   Givony has taken a few veiled shots on both of these takes.    So remember that when you read this.

Second, Givony and Schmitz are both very good.  I don't want to make conclusions on any prospects yet.  But I think they had the better takes that both Terry and Hayes are going to need time and were not top tier prospects right now.   I think the League agreed more with these takes as well.  

Third, the hard part for Dallas is making the right pick (hope they did for all three of their picks) and then being patient.   Some rookies are making good impressions  drafted outside the top 10, but most are going to need time.   You want to see your rewards for being patient in year 3 and 4.   Dallas has not drafted very many intriguing prospects who need to be developed.   I have hardly been excited about any.   Now, Dallas needs to develop these guys and be patient.  I am sure they realized both Green and Terry were going to be long range guys.   Trading either now would be a waste of resources.   They have the most value either before the pick is made or when they are ready to play down the road.   Right now, they would just be throw ins imo.
Who are the other guys on the list?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by juanc - 02-27-2021, 02:19 PM