Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 11:26 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am glad we have reopened this thread. I think we have seen that the Mavs have come away from 2 off-seasons with almost nothing to show for it. Curry was the one nice piece Mavs added and we sent him away for expiring Richardson.

These other pieces Wright, JJ, Boban, Burke, WCS are not moving the needle at all. I think Mavs obsession with cap space leads them to make bad decisions. So here we are with Richardson who doesn't have a deal next year + rookies who never play.

I was a big proponent of using our picks to get players plus dump Wright/Jackson. I still wonder if the Mavs would have been better off just grabbing Danny Green for Wright/Jax + #31 and then not moving Curry. I feel like we would be a lot better.

Not using the full MLE on a good player but spitting it for mediocre players (WCS/Burke) is not helping.

People love Boban but I am so frustrated to have a situational guy like that on the team. Maybe it doesn't matter bc you can have 1 of those guys on a 15 man roster. But our big rotation sucks.

I don't think the Mavs really had such obsession with cap space tbh.
Sure, they were flexible enough to keep their chances on 2021 FA in general, but they were after Gallinari, Crowder, Gasol in past off-season, they were also after Kemba in 2019, Curry and Wright contracts were beyond 2021 too.

I simply think we wanted a certain value from full MLE player, but the problem is this type of guys either will look for bigger contract or to play with a veteran team who they see bigger chance of winning (Lakers team, or Suns after bubble with a well respected CP3)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by khaled1987 - 02-27-2021, 06:27 AM