Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(02-25-2021, 10:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Reality check for all Boban fans (including me). Difficult to identify the worst big of the game because all three played terrible but it was obvious that Boban was completely outmatched on both ends.

Didn't get to watch the Dallas/Philly game much last night beyond the first 5 minutes or so.  I recorded it and will have to go back and watch it. 

As a Boban fan  like yourself my thought from the beginning was that this was going to be a tough game Boban. 

1) Embiid.  This was a start against a beast of a center and a bad matchup. Having a legit MVP season, Joel is one of very few men big enough to play some real defense on Marjanovic.  

2) Embiid.  Unlike a great center such as Jokic or other centers, Joel Embiid is also big and extremely mobile and he's a centerpiece of the team whereas by comparision Boban has been barely playing and is suddenly thrust into the starting role. 

As far as the little I saw so far, I thought Boban looked like he came into the game very focused on playing better defense.  He actually did a good job there in his minutes it appears.  Offensively, I want to go back and see what happened.   3-11 is a small sample size in one game and not even that unusual for elite offensive players on small attempts, however we're used to seeing much better numbers consistently from Boban. 

Not sure how much of it was the really strong defense the Mavs faced last night including Joel and how much might be some fading skills of Boban? 

Here's what Mavsluvr wrote: 

Quote:Boban had 17 minutes, grabbed 12 rebounds, and made an impact defensively with his big body clogging the paint. However, he was surprisingly ineffective offensively, going 3-11 from the court and scoring only 7 points. James Johnson filled in for 15 minutes, and had 3 points on 1-5 shooting. Powell played 10 minutes and had 6 points (all at the line), 1 rebound, and 2 turnovers. He was just unable to stand up to Embiid and Howard — not nearly strong enough, and besides, he inexplicably blew a couple of dunks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 02-26-2021, 10:25 AM