Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Sixers
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 31: DAL (15-16) @ PHI (22-11) | 97-111 loss
I haven't watched a ton of Philly this year yet, so there's some guessing here, but I think this might be a decent time to force some Boban minutes. 

People are always focused on his bigman matchup, but most often I think it's the type of opposing ball-handler that determines whether Carlisle will play him. For example, he played against both Williams and Theis in the Boston game, but I'm pretty sure NONE of his minutes happened while Kemba Walker was on the floor. This is probably an effort to avoid giving up too many wide open pullup jumpers off of screens (Walker missed a ton in that game, anyway, but he IS lethal as a pick and roll guard when playing well). Brown and Pritchard were both unable to take advantage of Boban's feet with the jumper, though they tried. 

Again, haven't watched a ton of Philly this season, but I'm guessing Simmons has the ball a lot, like in past years. If so, he's not super equipped to take advantage of Boban's weaknesses. I could see Boban playing quite a bit tonight. I also think WCS needs to have a big game tonight, and I feel like Johnson will get a crack at guarding Embiid, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 31: DAL (15-15) @ PHI (21-11) | Feb 25, 6 pm | Mavs 4.5 pt & 5.5 pt dogs - by KillerLeft - 02-25-2021, 01:25 PM