Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
I feel like NBA nerds and media are really trying hard to make a "a lot better than expected" narrative out of this NBA rookie class, but these are NBA nerds and media and would honestly find something interesting or intriguing about any new ~30 players that were inserted into the league.   Overall, I think the class has a lot to be desired compared to previous classes, as  was advertised during the draft.   So I'm not going to make a lot out of the Mavs G-League performances, but I'm also not going to make a lot out of 1 game (or even 1 quarter) performances by some players who are a lot of minutes and opportunies on bad teams.   It's just kind of a middling class of talent who have been put even further behind the 8 ball with only .5 a season of college basketball last year and no rookie league, and I don't see any of these guys become major contributors for a NBA Contender within the next 2-3 years except for maybe Halliburton (who was my favorite player in the draft and it broke my heart when the Mavs couldn't move up for him.)

That said, yes I would Saddiq Bey at #18 if we could do it all over again 100 times out of 100.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by HanspardShowerVoice - 02-24-2021, 10:30 AM