Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-24-2021, 09:03 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: I think this is exactly what you want from Tyrell Terry. In fact I’d like to see him take Burke’s 5 MPG as soon as possible.

Mavs disagree. They were strictly playing him as PG. Which is imho the exact reason he looked so lost, he would look much better as SG with a good PG next to him. But I am sure there are sound reasons they want him to become PG. Which is kind of what Dirkfan (quote below) and myself are wandering. It is one thing to play and another to develop skills team expects you to have. Miami is an excellent example. They put Robinson in g-league with two clear tasks - always guard best opposing player and shoot as much as you can (see the piece below). Of course I have no idea how Mavs develop their g-league guys, but so far I haven't really see a lot of success and the fact that guys play different roles in g-league than what main team expects, is not encouraging. Still hope for the best

(02-23-2021, 09:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It is good that they are playing but I am not sure if them putting up numbers in a role that they will most likely never have in the NBA is really helping.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/17/...s-playoffs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by omahen - 02-24-2021, 09:28 AM