Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-23-2021, 07:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Reaves? Reaves is in the G League averaging 10.7 pts and 4.4 rbds. Okay, so? Why bring up Reaves? I liked some flashes he showed at times with energy and D but never, ever hyped him up as anything special.

Homer? I did NOT like the Mavs drafting JG or TT at their spots and have been VERY vocal about that. I would have taken other guys in those spots. I disagree with the Mavs draft evals, but I also have the humility to give them the benefit of the doubt and let it play out.

Realistic expectations? I said it was premature, but think all three Mavs rookies (TT, JG, TBey) will be a rotation guy at some point in their career. We are talking at least one year where they are in the top 8-9 on some NBA team. I also said I think one of them will become a starter in the NBA at some point in their career. We are talking at least one year where they start on some NBA team. These are ridiculously tame expectations and completely within the realm of possibility.

As opposed to labeling me as a homer or having unrealistic expectations in some generic way, why don't you speak directly to specific statements of mine?

I am not going back to the old board but I remember that you used to praise Reaves (I liked him as well) and it honestly feels like this is the case every year. Pick one or two rookies and defend them to the bitter end. Never mentioned that you are pro/contra any of the current guys.
I consider a starting role on an NBA team as high expectations. That´s not a given. Especially for 2nd round picks. Question is why would you pick them over Bey or Bane? Both are already rotation guys. Playing starter minutes. If that´s the future role for our current rookies the Mavs should have picked the more NBA ready guys.
Meaning that the Mavs either missed out on some better guys or hope that Bey, Green and Terry have a higher ceiling.

I used the term homer because I think most fans are having the same thoughts about their teams rookies/young players. That´s just how it is. We don´t focus on other teams rookies or random g-league players.
Maybe I am just focusing on the negative examples but I don´t really trust g-league performances.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-23-2021, 08:26 PM