Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-23-2021, 07:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Where is Josh Reaves these days? I love your contribution but you are the biggest rookie/prospect homer on this board. New pet every season.
I consider myself one of the more pro rookie guys as well but we need to have realistic expectations.

Reaves? Reaves is in the G League averaging 10.7 pts and 4.4 rbds. Okay, so? Why bring up Reaves? I liked some flashes he showed at times with energy and D but never, ever hyped him up as anything special.

Homer? I did NOT like the Mavs drafting JG or TT at their spots and have been VERY vocal about that. I would have taken other guys in those spots. I disagree with the Mavs draft evals, but I also have the humility to give them the benefit of the doubt and let it play out.

Realistic expectations? I said it was premature, but think all three Mavs rookies (TT, JG, TBey) will be a rotation guy at some point in their career. We are talking at least one year where they are in the top 8-9 on some NBA team. I also said I think one of them will become a starter in the NBA at some point in their career. We are talking at least one year where they start on some NBA team. These are ridiculously tame expectations and completely within the realm of possibility.

As opposed to labeling me as a homer or having unrealistic expectations in some generic way, why don't you speak directly to specific statements of mine?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by Kammrath - 02-23-2021, 07:59 PM