Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-23-2021, 09:25 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is nice to see with Terry.   It is going to take some time for him.   He may not even crack the rotation next year, but I hope the Mavs are patient with their young guys.  Were they the best players to be picked at 18 and 31?  We will see, but I will be disappointed if they move either for a short term upgrade.

I am glad Josh Green is going to hopefully get a lot of G-League minutes.   He has been with Salt Lake for the past few games but hasn't played.   Maybe their are some rules there.  It is bad timing for him though.  The Mavs had their first stretch of getting a lot of practice time in between games and Josh has not had any run yet with Salt Lake.   I think getting playing time should trump everything for Green.  But if he is not playing, it would have been nice to have him get a lot of that team practice time.  I still have hope they find minutes for him as the season goes on.   5 minutes here and there.

One important data point not discussed about Terry and Green is that they are one and done guys. The true comparison would be to guys like Maxey, etc. that we passed up on. The college ready guys seem to be doing fairly well right now like Bey and Bane. 

I have been hard on the rookies but its going to take them at least 1 summer league and off season camp before we have a true perception of their upside.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Terry, Bey & Hinton | Josh Green now joining - by Omega_Supreme - 02-23-2021, 09:48 AM