Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
5 71.43%
Pelicans
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 27: NOP (11-14) @ DAL (13-14) | 143-130 win | 4 game win streak
(02-13-2021, 09:51 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Meanwhile Maxi gets a pass...

And agree that the entire team played really bad on defense. Maxi was outmatched vs Zion but his teammates played no help defense and it looks like RC wasn´t willing to double Zion.

I thing we all mentioned that Maxi was bad on defense but no one was proclaiming that he had a great game or wasn´t a problem on defense. I responded to SleepingHeros claim that KP wasn´t a problem. That´s simply not the case. And it´s not only a one game sample size. He thinks that we are just trying to scapegoat KP but the numbers don´t lie.  The Mavs ranked 2nd in defensive rating with a healthy Kleber and WCS. They rank last in the league since KPs return. We obviously have to mention the COVID cases but it´s not like the return of the missing guys improved the defense. It´s actually getting worse.

We obviously have to mention that the defensive decline is at least somewhat compensated by an improved offense but if we are just talking about defense KPs return was the changing point of the season. He is the biggest liability on the floor. Beyond terrible on the perimeter and in pick and roll situations. Not what he used to be as a rim protector and help defender.
The Mavs need more from him. I don´t expect him to turn into Adebayo or Gobert but he needs to make an impact in the paint and at least somewhat improve his ability to defend in space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 27: NOP (11-14) @ DAL (13-14) | 143-130 win | 4 game win streak - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-13-2021, 10:28 AM