Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
5 71.43%
Pelicans
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 27: NOP (11-14) @ DAL (13-14) | 143-130 win | 4 game win streak
(02-12-2021, 10:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Probably still searching for some kind of interior defense...call me when you findd a 7ft2 rim protector. The Mavs desperately need one.

I'm sorry but what? 

Kristaps was NOT the issue tonight regarding rim protection... at all. Out of Zion's 14 made buckets, Kristaps was at fault for 3 of them, with 1 being a good contest that Zion just made. The other 2 KP just got taken off the dribble by Zion's speed. Steven Adams had 2 made buckets, one where he overpowered KP on a rebound which led to a putback (his fault), and the other Luka fails to box out (not KP's fault).  Ingram? He had 3 made drives to the basket. One where just walks through THJ to the bucket as KP tries to contest but couldn't get the angle, one where he drives and Adams sets a sneaky pick to stop a KP contest, and the third where Maxi was a step slow on the recovery. 2 out of 4 Hernangomez's buckets came off a fastbreak and another coming off of a favorable loose ball. The only bucket he made in the halfcourt was a post-up over Willie. And that's pretty much it. Bledsoe had 1 drive where Richardson just got beat. 

It's really interesting that you single KP's performance on the interior D (where he had an overall average game there, nothing egregious like you and many others are making him out to be), when Maxi was THE worst defender on the court tonight. Multiple times he just got beat and overpowered by Zion. THJ too. Multiple times he was caught out of position and didn't pick up the right guy in transition. Willie? He got beat multiple times tonight. DFS? Ingram shot over him several times.  KP was at fault for at most FOUR of the Pels 24 interior made buckets, and we're going to make him the prime suspect? Give me a break. I understand you guys have completely written KP off, but at least be grounded in reality. 

https://go.nba.com/8lqd
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 27: NOP (11-14) @ DAL (13-14) | 143-130 win | 4 game win streak - by SleepingHero - 02-13-2021, 02:09 AM