Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(02-02-2021, 01:04 PM)MrGoat Wrote: How's he supposed to get into a rhythm if he barely gets on the court?

He is the team's leader in net rating in his limited minutes so there's that

Yeah, you might think that would matter to his minutes, but it never has.  I think its as Stan Van Gundy said, NBA coaches are geared to think defense first and Carlisle looks at game and would prefer to run out a defense 1st big, even though the Mavs are not exactly winning games on defense. 

Consider what NBA Coach Stan Van Gundy had to say on the subject.

Quote:Boban Marjanovic had a great night in Dallas’ win against New Orleans with 15 points and 16 rebounds which was his best performances this season.

After the game, his former coach Stan Van Gundy praised Boban and noted that one of his ‘lessons’ from being the Detroit Pistons coach was that he should’ve used the Serbian big man a lot more:
"Look, I feel like one of the things coming out of my time in Detroit – you always evaluate yourself – I should’ve played him more. I really should’ve. And I think there are other coaches that would say the same thing," Van Gundy said on NBA TV and explained further.
"As the coach, you tend to think about the defensive end of the floor all the time. And he can be a problem there but the man’s unstoppable and unselfish and the whole thing… I wish I would’ve played him more."
Comment on this topic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 02-02-2021, 09:04 PM