Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
5 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: PHX (11-8) @ DAL (8-13) | 108-109 loss | 6 game losing streak
(02-02-2021, 12:20 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I guess we disagree completely. I would take everyone on the Phoenix roster over what we have now other than Luka Even Ayton for KP is a no brainer right now unfortunately and he is not even their 2nd best player.  I love the hustle our guys have but how can we say the talent level is comparable?

KP not playing to his full potential is the big difference maker right now but if we are talking about bubble KP I am not sure if Booker is the better player. No way I am taking Ayton over that version of KP. That brings us back to the issue of durability and KPs injury history. KP without injuries is a level above guys like Ayton or Booker. With his injuries he probably is a level below both.

Not sure what guys like Bridges, Crowder or Cam Johnson have done to justify taking them over JRich, DFS or THJ. I guess Bridges has the highest upside and Crowder the most experience but just talking about pure ability I don´t think they are better. Big difference is that right now Galloway and Bridges are shooting career high percentages from 3. Don´t think both will finish the season at 40% + from 3. If I had to rank them I would go

Bridges
JRich
THJ
Crowder
DFS
Johnson

Same for the mentioned end of the bench guys. Just a month ago Kaminsky was waived by the Kings. He is a 3rd string big. Just like WCS or Johnson.

I think the Suns made a smart move and surrounded their young talent with veteran leadership and experience. Something the Mavs failed to do. Mavs are relying on Doncic or KP to close the game and according to RC failed to use the foul to give on the last possession. That probably wouldn´t happen if the Mavs had CP3 or Crowder on the floor.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: PHX (11-8) @ DAL (8-13) | 108-109 loss | 6 game losing streak - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-02-2021, 12:38 AM