Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Suns
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: PHX (10-8) @ DAL (8-12) | 105-111 loss
(01-30-2021, 11:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the team is shooting a ton of mid range shots this year. Like, way more than last year. They are even trying to run the offense through Luka and KP in the post.

Look, the coach deserves some blame. The players deserve some blame.

I just brought up the thing about Cuban because I could hear every word he said really clearly through the whole game and it was embarrassing. I didn’t mean it as some sort of “aha” explanation of the team’s struggles, though it HAS to have an impact on the refs.

The offense though when push comes to shove still seems to be Luka doing his thing and kicking it out to for a 3 to guys who are not shooting well . It seems like an impromptu offense designed to completely revolve around Luka’s greatness than run sets constantly that could help Luka too.  

It is a mentality. You have to constantly want to get dirty in this game. Only one team with a collection of 3 of the greatest shooters could rely on pure outside shooting. The rest of the teams including the Lakers last year needed to constantly grind inside and outside. There are no easy ways. As mentioned even last year this team had a lot of clueless moments in the clutch against good teams. That was with their so called historic offense. 

The complaining by Luka and Cuban is a symptom of the team not being ready to mentally grind and absorb wounds and battle. Cubam won’t change. Luka has to change. All great players never really get their dues because they are beaten up all the time . The refs are not biased against Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 20: PHX (10-8) @ DAL (8-12) | 105-111 loss - by hakeemfaan - 01-31-2021, 12:09 AM