Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
I have the utmost respect for Carlisle, but I wonder whether the franchise simply needs somebody with fresh ideas and energy.

It was in 2003/2004 that the Carlisle coached Pacers won 61 games. He was coaching against...

Paul Silas
Don Nelson
Larry Brown
Jeff van Gundy
Mike Dunleavy Sr.
Phil Jackson
Stan van Gundy
Flip Saunders
Lenny Wilkens
Jerry Sloan
Rick Adelman

The only two other guys from way back that have been coaching uninterrupted since then have been Pop and Doc.

You see this more often in soccer, where the elite coaches often take a sabbatical/year off between jobs, simply to recover from the huge amount of stress that comes with the job. Might simply be time for Carlisle to take some time off and re-charge his batteries.

Carlisle is 61 years old now. He´s coaching against guys in OKC or Memphis that are 25 years younger.

This is easily the roughest stretch of his Mavs career and I´m not sure he has the energy or connection with the young generation to fix it. I think he´ll "step down" at the end of the year, get the full salary and the Mavs will look for a younger head coach.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by Mavs2019 - 01-30-2021, 02:37 PM