Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
(01-26-2021, 12:11 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Thanks for looking into that. I remembered Brunson getting bullied and struggling in the pick and roll, but I will trust your take. What I remember most clearly was how bad the team defense in the first half was with JJ in. I thought he was the biggest liability and commented as such in this thread.

My philosophy is that the PG defense is the least impactful on the floor. Sure it is nice to have a solid defensive PG but they are not game changers. 

Usually, if your team defense is lacking, the brunt of the blame should go to the bigs or wings, who cover the most ground, before you start questioning the 6'0 - 6'3 dudes. 

It is why I have stated many times before how overrated guys like Beverly, Bledsoe, and so on are. The game is too perimeter oriented and it's hard [or next to impossible] to slow down the many talented guards in the league. 

It's all about switchability and rim protection, and that falls on the wings/bigs more often than not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss - by Fuerza1 - 01-26-2021, 12:27 AM