Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
(01-25-2021, 11:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 11:28 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: The biggest culprit is Kristaps Porzingis; he is not a good defender right now. Rim protection is wonky. And if he cannot provide on that end, Mavs won't get very far.

Yeah, for sure. Offense isn’t really to max level yet since coming here, either.

I said it all off-season: it sure would be nice if the team’s second max player could create shots for himself and others.

In his defense, he's supposed to provide significant defense, but he certainly didn't do so this game. Also, his rebounds were way up last year from earlier in his career, but he hasn't do so well since returning this year.

Considering he's a threat to drive as well as shoot the three, I don't understand why he can't be considered a creator, at least as far as bigs go, but I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, the only way we're going to get the kind of player you're talking about is likely by... trading Porzingis. Which creates another hole.

I still think our best bet for a secondary creator this year is George Hill, but you'd likely have to give up Brunson (or something even juicier) to get him, and Brunson will likely be better than Hill by next year.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss - by Scott41theMavs - 01-25-2021, 11:35 PM