Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
(01-25-2021, 11:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not dismissing your examples, just haven't had a chance to respond. I think your examples are legit. Thanks for offering them. 

Again, my opinion is not that WCS is some sort of huge offensive positive. But he offers enough as a roll threat that he keeps defenses honest a lot of times and then his impact on the defensive end helps outweigh the fact that his hands are not that good. The problem with Wes and JJ is that they can't be a roll threat like WCS so they just kill the spacing completely. WCS only hurts spacing a little.

I think my problem with WCS as that type of threat is that everything needs to be perfect for him to succeed and even then, he'll make fundamentally unsound plays far too often.  That's mostly fine when he's your 3rd big but we don't have that luxury.  Boban is unplayable at this point.  That leaves you with WCS, Johnson and KP soaking up all the minutes.  

I also get really frustrated at +/-.  Here, let's play a game.  I promise I haven't looked but I bet Harrison Barnes had magnificent +/- with GSW before Dallas signed him and he's never come close to matching those numbers again.  Was he more beneficial to his teammates in GSW or were they more beneficial to him?

That said, WCS wasn't the issue with this game and if it weren't for Luka dragging the team along and THJ getting woken up by the nutmeg, we wouldn't have even been close.  All I'm saying is that I'm not going to kill Rick for keeping better offensive options on the floor when trying to catch-up.  If you want to kill Rick, ask him why he benched God Mode THJ in the 3rd quarter.

And if we want to have a larger discussion about things that make me really unhappy, let's start talking about KP and how he is being used.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DEN (9-7) @ DAL (8-8) | Jan 25, 7:30 pm | Mavs 3.0 pt favs & 2.0 pt dogs - by cow - 01-25-2021, 11:32 PM