Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DEN (10-7) @ DAL (8-9) | 113-117 loss
(01-25-2021, 11:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Are you prepared to place your hand on a big stack of Bibles and say you are 100% sure the Mavericks make the playoffs?

We seem to be thinking of this Covid situation like it is temporary. The reality is that the first two weeks of the season sucked and then the Covid thing popped up just as they were figuring things out. At times over the last week they have looked worse than they have since before the drafted Luka. So basically, for the team to make the playoffs, they need to get all of the guys back soon (not a given), learn how to play together effectively quickly after that (not a given) and then avoid any other crisis for the rest of the season, as they might be dealing with a razor hint margin for error. 

I am not trying to be a naysayer, and I am not prepared to predict that they won’t make the playoffs, but the thought has been crossing my mind for the past week.

Other teams are going to get hit with COVID too.  I think KL and PG13 are in protocol right now.  That's not to say that we can't get a second round featuring our stars. We've never been at full strength.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DEN (9-7) @ DAL (8-8) | Jan 25, 7:30 pm | Mavs 3.0 pt favs & 2.0 pt dogs - by cow - 01-25-2021, 11:21 PM