Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell
(01-08-2021, 08:06 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It should be safe to assume Maxi could start with KP also.  But the history we have (the data from last season) says Powell/KP was the better pairing.  The main reason we'll probably see Powell/KP given a chance at some point is it is easier to construct rotations if you split up the outside shooting ability of KP and Maxi to where one is always on the floor.  You certainly could start out with KP and Maxi and that is very likely to be the finishing lineup many nights.  But starting Maxi makes the rotation pairings more difficult if you assume they want to avoid Powell/WCS playing together.

Oh, sure. It's not that I think Kleber CAN'T play with KP, it's just that I think he's literally the only big who CAN play with WCS. Like you said, any combo of WCS/Powell/Johnson is much less than ideal, synergy wise.  It just seems like once KP is starting, it makes the most sense NOT to have the other shooter (Kleber) start with him, so that you can bring the shooting off of the bench and have it available for the whole game. 

I specifically like the WCS/Kleber paring, personally.

But, it's just a prediction. Carlisle might keep trying the play the guy 35+ minutes. We'll see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell - by KillerLeft - 01-08-2021, 10:32 AM