Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell
(01-06-2021, 10:50 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He basically never had to and that makes me question the the way they track those numbers. Cannot imagine that he only guarded the pick and roll ballhandler on 0.2 possessions per game last season.

I suspect there's a distinction made between guarding the pick and roll and dealing with the aftermath of the opponent using a pick to create a switch and then iso the mismatch. 

I can see KP being good in iso situations on ball-handlers after a switch. Good enough to discourage the opponent from targeting him in that way, which is great. My guess is that THIS is what the stat is measuring. 

What I'm talking about is when he's involved in the pick and roll action in general. He did that A TON, and I'd be shocked if he was in the 98th percentile on that type of play. I don't think he's the worst at it, by any means, but it's definitely not his strength as a defender.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell - by KillerLeft - 01-06-2021, 11:03 AM