Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell
(01-06-2021, 09:43 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I think WCS at 5 was the right way to go for now, but the reason Powell was actually BENCHED, imo, is that he doesn’t fit WITH WCS. Kleber’s presence as a floor spacer is much more appropriate to complement WCS. 

When KP comes back, I do NOT expect Kleber to remain in the starting lineup, personally. I expect Kleber’s shooting to return to “first big off the bench” status. Not sure what to expect, but my guess is that either THJ or Powell comes back into the lineup with Porzingis.

Fit is definitely going to be an issue among bigs (assuming you believe we need two bigs even when KP returns).  Maxi's perimeter D makes him a solid choice, but Powell and WCS aren't a fit, so you'd have to keep one of your starting bigs (KP or Maxi) on at all times.  That is possible, but the limited data we have says Maxi loses effectiveness at higher minutes.  WCS isn't good enough on the perimeter to be the answer next to KP (see all the points people made against Gobert and KP and replace Gobert with a worse defender).

If it isn't Maxi, the most logical choices are Powell, Johnson and DFS and none of those are ideal either (especially with Powell not 100% yet).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-06-2021, 10:09 AM