Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
Upon reflection and some rewatching, I understand why Carlisle went with Kleber to close, even though it didn’t work.

WCS’s minutes (small sample) were a plus, but rewatching, he really didn’t do a lot to support the idea that he was responsible for the swing. In fact, I have read/heard multiple people (Cato and Henderson) suggest that the Suns were briefly confused by that lineup specifically because WCS was doing the wrong things. Not sure I buy that, but it’s an interesting thought. Either way, I didn’t see him change any shots, grab any tough boards or pull anyone gravitationally to open anyone else up. He DID run the floor well, which I ALWAYS appreciate in a center. This resulted in a fast break bucket in transition. 

I am on team “give WCS a chance” don’t get me wrong. I just didn’t see him make such an obvious impact on this game that closing with him was the obvious choice. 

What I think Carlisle tried was starting Powell and closing with Kleber, and closing with Kleber is EXACTLY what the majority of Mavs fans have been hoping for. It just didn’t work in game 1.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss - by KillerLeft - 12-25-2020, 02:16 PM