Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
(12-24-2020, 09:22 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Something you've been preaching...DFS at SF...worked pretty well last night.  Lineups that featured that were a very good +10.  This was DFS and Johnson with either Maxi or WCS.  Of course, it is hard to know if it was because this grouping was good or THJ was bad.

Speaking of THJ.  He played 40 seconds of the final 13:10.  Hmmm.

Interesting choice of Dorian to be the starter who went out early and played with the subs last night.  35 minutes at +11.  He didn't hit his shots, but 11/8 with three assists and two steals is a nice line for him.

People who constantly harp on Powell's shortcomings can't let Maxi off the hook for last night.  -19?  He was -18 in the last bubble game against Phoenix (the Suns are his cryptonite?).  Ayton pinned him down low three different times for super easy shots (he didn't do that to Powell even once).  I joked about Ayton scoring 40 on Powell, but he actually only scored 3 on Powell and 10 on Maxi.  When Maxi had another big with him the team was +6.  When he didn't the team was -25.  Maxi is no more the answer at C with no PF help than Powell is.

Phoenix shouldn't be able to clog the lane AND take away the 3.  There wasn't much room for the driver or the roll man last night.  Actually this was the case in preseason also.  I agree Powell doesn't have all of his lift back yet.  But, I can't tell how much because I've yet to see him get a clean look.  In the pre-season we at least made people pay with good outside shooting.  Last night...not so much.

Free Willie!

Great stuff!

My birds-eye take going back to the last couple years....

All three of DP, Maxi, and DFS need to be in a TWO big lineup to be most effective. Any time Maxi or DP is the sole big they really struggle. Anytime DFS is asked to be the 2nd big he really struggles. 

I really think WCS needs to be plugged in while KP is out or the Mavs are going to have all three of DFS, DP, and Maxi struggling which will lead to this team playing under 0.500 ball.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss - by Kammrath - 12-24-2020, 03:35 PM