Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
(12-24-2020, 09:22 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Phoenix shouldn't be able to clog the lane AND take away the 3.  There wasn't much room for the driver or the roll man last night.  Actually this was the case in preseason also.  I agree Powell doesn't have all of his lift back yet.  But, I can't tell how much because I've yet to see him get a clean look.  In the pre-season we at least made people pay with good outside shooting.  Last night...not so much.

They do clog the lane, because the guy covering Powell is not following him, he is just staying in the paint. This is why Powell will have problems staying in, not because of his alleged lack of athleticism. They basically followed same strategy with Kleber, who took 7 three pointers and had a possibility to fire a couple more but was indecisive. This will change totally when KP returns.

(12-24-2020, 09:22 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Something you've been preaching...DFS at SF...worked pretty well last night.  Lineups that featured that were a very good +10.  This was DFS and Johnson with either Maxi or WCS.  Of course, it is hard to know if it was because this grouping was good or THJ was bad.

Or it is perhaps just a small sample size Smile I rewatched the third quarter and among it part with first WCS stint where I think he was +7. I can safely say it is not because he was so special, it was just that a couple of shots fell in those couple of minutes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss - by omahen - 12-24-2020, 09:41 AM