Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
(12-24-2020, 01:35 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote: Way too early to start doubting him, but his done this before where his having to decide between being The Man and being the man that passes.

Once he loses 20 lbs, conditions into shape, Luka will get back to greatness......

,,,,,,,however, I hope his defense doesn't regress more than it is now. His not hounding them on D and relying too much on his teammates to make up for his defensive lapses.
In the bubble his defense looked way better. Its all condition/shape with Luka's performance tbh. Luka's conditioning is affecting his game everywhere, wether its frustration, bad shot selection, turnovers, (transition) defense. It also makes him a lot more passive overall. I was a little concerned he answered that Townsend question the way he did. I am not sure if he fully understands that being in the best possible shape does wonders for his game.

People can say, he is young & this isn't a big deal. 4 weeks, and he is back into shape. People can say he doesn't really on athleticism. But the reality is, you cant just make click, and be in great shape. Usually there is no time to work solely condition during the season i would guess. He will get into better shape with games, but it might take a while. This is basically Jokic of last season, he started off really medicore/bad for the first 20 games, and got way better as the season going on. This year Jokic came into shape for the first time. I think the Nuggets going to be really good this year.

You have to lay the ground work in the offseason ... Luka sadly failed. Maybe he gotta have some failures in his career, its always going up for him so far. I was disappointed seeing him out of shape coming into camp, pandemic or not (if you can't train properly in Slovenia, get back to DAL early like Brunson or Kleber. Worst excuse i ever heard from Cuban. Hopefully the MBT are less sugar coating Luka internally, and trying to guide him into the right direction. Maybe the Vets can help. Which other NBA players have come into camp out of shape other than Harden?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-0) @ PHX (0-0) | Dec 23, 9:30pm | Mavs 3.5 pt dogs & 1.0 pt dogs - by sefant - 12-24-2020, 02:57 AM