Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
72.22%
13 72.22%
Suns
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss
(12-24-2020, 01:53 AM)Playmaker Wrote: The Mavs offense has been discombobulated ever since Powell entered the starting lineup.

See I can't agree with that take. I don't think Powell is the SOLE reason why the Mavs offense is DOA.  Sure, he's definitely not doing Powell things. His screens have been solid but he isn't a lob threat at all. His defense has overall been bad. He has no outside game etc. It's all been beaten to death.

I think the main reason the offense looks so out of sorts mainly starts with Luka. He has not looked like his old self. Which is crazy to type out because he just dropped 32/8/5. Sure he's getting his numbers, but it looks like he has to work 3 times as hard to get them. I think it's a combination of defenses trying new things, and the fact he's woefully out of shape.

Add in THJ thinking he's the second coming of Mitch Richmond, and really no true 2nd option, its no wonder why the offense looks so discombobulated. I think KP coming back will be a godsend. I also think we need a big that can actually be a lob threat. Luka getting into shape will gradually come. Just gotta be patient with him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 102-106 loss - by SleepingHero - 12-24-2020, 01:57 AM