Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRELUDE 1: DAL 112 (1-0) @ MIL 102 (0-1)
So finally first game and first win, despite Milwaukee playing starters longer than Mavs. Second unit and parts of third unit were absolutely great. 

Starting unit
Luka looks big and made a lot of mistakes. Looked more like season 1 Luka. But to be honest - Milwaukee was really focusing on the paint leaving tons of open threes throughout the whole game. THJ and Luka didn't care about defense at all. DFS and JRich were what I expect them to be and Powell was trying as always.

Second unit
Difference in effort really showed. These guys played like it is playoffs. Good on both sides of the court. Burke and Brunson are a dynamic offensive duo. Green positively surprised me - it will be no problem playing him for 15 minutes per game to gain experience. Plays good defense even against much stronger Middleton, very active all the time on both sides of the court. Finishing is bad, as others said. Kleber, WCS and Johnson were all good. 

Third unit
If Hinton can show on average half of what he did today, he deserves a contract this season. He was everywhere and the aggression resulted in excellent offense too. Put a good PG next to Iwundu, Bey, Hinton and Bobi and that lineup could cause serious damage. So much effort on defense. Iwundu wanted to do a bit too much offensively. Terry is not ready yet. Offensively I don't really care, he got some good looks, he was ok. But defensively he will be a huge liability. He can't get around screen. Unless he will be extremely good shooter, he will not play much. Might be better as off ball guy at this point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL (0-0) @ MIL (0-0) - by omahen - 12-12-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL (0-0) @ MIL (0-0) - by sefant - 12-12-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL (0-0) @ MIL (0-0) - by mtrot - 12-12-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL (0-0) @ MIL (0-0) - by mtrot - 12-12-2020, 10:12 PM
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL (0-0) @ MIL (0-0) - by mtrot - 12-12-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: PRELUDE 1: DAL 112 (1-0) @ MIL 102 (0-1) - by omahen - 12-12-2020, 11:15 PM