Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-29-2020, 11:47 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think playing next to J Rich will help THJ get even better looks.

One of the more underrated benefits of the moves this summer will be how players can all make each other better through a shared culture. We've talked about how Richardson's shooting will improve now that he's in Dallas rather than Philly. But I also believe having guys like Richardson and Johnson in the lockerroom can also help elevate the defensive effort of everyone in Dallas.

THJ and JRich are similar in size, age, and athletic ability. Rather than simply complementing each other's strengths on the court, picture them challenging and encouraging each other to develop their weaknesses. Imagine THJ with more ballhandling and defense and JRich with more shooting. And then sprinkle in an intensity they learn from Johnson. That's the recipe for two terrific 2-way wings that you gladly lock up long-term.

Sometimes it's more effective to develop good players rather than always look to buy an expensive ready-made version off the shelf. I really like the potential long-term fit of both THJ and JRich, and I'm excited to see how they play together.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by Tyler - 11-29-2020, 12:56 PM