Poll: Where do you think Porzingis should play for the Mavs to be most successful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
C only, he needs to be the only big
40.91%
9 40.91%
PF only, he needs another big next to him
0%
0 0%
He needs to play both positions for the Mavs to have the most success.
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION: What position will Porzingis play?
I think far too much is made of the position, when the argument is really “one big vs. two.“

I think it’s extremely clear that the Mavericks need to have options in place that allow them to go in either one of those directions during stretches of the game. But, in terms of reaching the point where five or six players are paid more than the rest… In other words, reaching the point where you have adequately planned for the closing lineup you will use MOST OFTEN, I am of the opinion that KP’s strengths are best used and his weaknesses best covered in a ONE big lineup. 

Basically, I think the Jeremi Grant, OPJ guy is more expensive and harder to find than the Powell, WCS, Capella type. I also think the deeper you go in the playoffs, the more likely it is that the second type of player will be less useful to you. For those reasons, I prefer the financial and status hierarchy of the team be built with the first type in mind.

Having said all of that, I totally admit that we do not have enough evidence yet to understand which way the Mavericks brass would lean if we got them to answer this question.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: QUESTION: What position will Porzingis play? - by KillerLeft - 11-28-2020, 01:50 PM