Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | 2 yrs, $8.2M (2nd year team option)
(11-22-2020, 06:35 PM)Drew Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that IF WCS's head is on straight, AND Powell isn't right to start this season, THEN some will be surprised how much WCS shines here. 

This might end up being an AMAZING TDL asset, tbh.

I predict WCS plays average for all the games KP is out. Then once KP is back, WCS is moved to the bench and never seen from again.
Which is pretty much what they needed. A guy to bridge the gap to a healthy KP and to be here for when he’s hurt. 

WCS can be that. Think him missing out on the bubble(understandably) put him on the back burner much more than it should have.
Or, if Powell isn't his old self, which I expect to be the case, with reduced minutes and load-managed games missed, WCS could still be a big to eat minutes in the 5 and allow Kleber to play PF, which is a more natural position for him.

I have a private hope that WCS is one of those cast-offs who blossoms on the Mavs and becomes a real asset. He doesn't have to provide much leadership or score a ton. He just has to be steady and fit into the flow around him. He should be more adapted to the DAL scheme than he would going somewhere else. 

Training camp is only a week away? Things are moving fast.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | 2 yrs, $8.2M (2nd year team option) - by michaeltex - 11-23-2020, 11:43 AM