Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWO WAY DEALS: Nate Hinton [6'5", 6'9" WS] + #36 Tyler Bey [6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-19-2020, 10:34 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Green pick is making more and more sense, now that it has become clear that the Mavs went into last night with the goal of getting more ATHLETIC. That, imo, was unpredictable and a very interesting surprise.

What else did you consider to be the stan move? Trading for veteran, established players? 

If you consider what we lacked in wings, length, hustle, and what failed us in close games which was, its not surprising at all to go more athletic.

I was looking yesterday at our game against Rockets (Nov 2019), we blew them out without our athletic DFS. Shooting was pretty much key and a team hustled effort contributed to blowing them out. There was no need to be acrobatic with the offense, just be smart. Then I watch the playoff games against Clippers, where most of there roster is heavy on wings, and we've lack the length and size to limit an offensive Kawhi. 

Now, with the current roster so far who would you put on Leonard? J.Rich? J.Green? T.Bey? You got a great problem here to figure this out.

(11-19-2020, 10:18 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe Dizzy Gillespie has potential on that end, too, but on offense, he seems to be a face-up, finesses "stretch" 5...who can only "stretch" out to about 10 feet away from the basket. Someone might need to talk me into this one.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
LOL Didn't expect to see a Dizzy Gillespie reference in a Mavs board at all. One of my favorite jazz musicians ever.

Freddie's got great positional defensively. The speed in NBA is going to be a bit more deceptive than in BIG XII. His offense is stale. Jump shot within 5 feet, slow hook shots, and not explosive enough to go for the dunk. His going to have mold his game like Tim Duncan if he wants to go next level.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TWO WAY DEAL: Nate Hinton to DAL - by cow - 11-19-2020, 01:13 AM
RE: TWO WAY DEAL: Nate Hinton to DAL - by cow - 11-19-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: TWO WAY DEAL: Nate Hinton to DAL - by Dahlsim - 11-19-2020, 02:18 AM
RE: TWO WAY DEAL: Nate Hinton to DAL - by cow - 11-19-2020, 03:09 AM
RE: TWO WAY DEALS: Nate Hinton [6'5", 6'9" WS] + #36 Tyler Bey [6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by FunkBoreland - 11-19-2020, 11:56 PM