Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ Opts In | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward opts OUT
(11-18-2020, 05:14 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:00 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:51 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:31 PM)cow Wrote: Problem is that we need contribution from the jump. I think we need established/cheap instead of a project.

I think Mavs need to decide if they are "all in" or in development phase. Since the way they seem to approach last three trade windows show to me we are still in development phase. So bring in a reclamation project and lets see if he develops. We are not talking about complete raw guys here. Hartenstein, for example, posted good numbers wherever he got opportunity. Its just that Houston didn't give him opportunity. Hernangomez was always buried on the bench.

We are certainly in a weird middle ground. While we aren't a tittle contender and development is great and all but we have no incentive this year not to win. I'm also thinking Luka is going to be too happy missing the playoffs for the sake of projects.

Which of our picks to the Knicks is the one with lottery protections? Given the shortened season and KP missing at least a month (i.e. a ton of games), WCS opting out, and Powell coming back from injury (and some all too willing to ship off Maxi), I know it's going to be RC's wet dream (and we'd probably trade for Tucker to play center for us), but we're going to start the season with a putrid record that will be hard to recover from in a strong Western Conference. In other words, I hope it's the '21 that's protected.

'23 is 1-10 protected, '21 is unprotected.

Ouch. I have a feeling the Knicks are going to get a pretty good pick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ to opt in? | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward delayed for trade? - by Scott41theMavs - 11-18-2020, 05:16 PM