Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ Opts In | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward opts OUT
(11-17-2020, 07:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Why are we talking about a pick. I thought this was about THJ vs Maxi?
I don´t want to replace THJ with a similar player. The Mavs need more defense. On offense his scoring volume is easily replaced by Hayward and the Mavs still have Curry for spacing and scoring. Not to mention that Brunson will be back as well. I want to replace THJ with a defensive minded wing.

McLemore for example (especially in combination with Tucker) would be a really intriguing trade option. McLemore is easily a better defender and shot 40% from 3 on more than 6 attempts. That´s actually comparable to THJs numbers.

The Mavs need perimeter defense and as long as THJ plays 30+ minutes that will be a problem. Especially if he shares the floor with Luka. I would prefer a guy like Avery Bradley or Justin Holiday. Someone that can actually guard the opposing PG.

Losing Maxi would create a giant hole. Mavs cannot afford to lose him. They need to add another bigman. KP is out and Powell is coming back from a potentially career ending injury. WCS is opting out.
That leaves Maxi and Boban. Agree that Millsap would be the perfect fit. Remains to be seen if the Mavs have a chance to land him.

I already explained. Hypothetically you can trade for Hayward and you can chose to send THJ or Maxi. No matter which you send, it creates a hole you have to fill. I say, based on what we can get in FA or trades this year, it is easier to fill the Maxi hole than the THJ hole. So, go check available free agents or realistic trades and explain which move makes us better. I did my part Smile
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ to opt in? | WCS to opt out? | Hayward delayed for trade? - by omahen - 11-17-2020, 07:30 PM