Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ Opts In | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward opts OUT
(11-17-2020, 07:06 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hield, Fournier, Redick, Powell, Barton, Robinson, Graham, both Bogdanovics, Forbes, Huerter, McLemore or Kennard just to name a few all are basically doing exactly what THJ is doing for the Mavs.

This is mostly theory from your side, as I thought. Completely ignoring that we are speaking about situation, where THJ would be traded for Hayward and you have limited trade assets. You can't get any of Bogdanovic, Graham, Robinson. I doubt you can get Hield, Fournier, Redick, Powell or Barton.  

The only two realistic from your list would be Forbes and McLemore. Neither of them is close to THJ from last season. Not even close. Kennard would actually be the only one, that could perhaps be had for picks and limited salaries. But you lose pick(s).

On the other hand realistic targets like Saric and Millsap are totally adequate Kleber replacements. And you keep the pick.

Why are we talking about a pick. I thought this was about THJ vs Maxi?
I don´t want to replace THJ with a similar player. The Mavs need more defense. On offense his scoring volume is easily replaced by Hayward and the Mavs still have Curry for spacing and scoring. Not to mention that Brunson will be back as well. I want to replace THJ with a defensive minded wing.

McLemore for example (especially in combination with Tucker) would be a really intriguing trade option. McLemore is easily a better defender and shot 40% from 3 on more than 6 attempts. That´s actually comparable to THJs numbers.

The Mavs need perimeter defense and as long as THJ plays 30+ minutes that will be a problem. Especially if he shares the floor with Luka. I would prefer a guy like Avery Bradley or Justin Holiday. Someone that can actually guard the opposing PG.

Losing Maxi would create a giant hole. Mavs cannot afford to lose him. They need to add another bigman. KP is out and Powell is coming back from a potentially career ending injury. WCS is opting out.
That leaves Maxi and Boban. Agree that Millsap would be the perfect fit. Remains to be seen if the Mavs have a chance to land him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ to opt in? | WCS to opt out? | Hayward delayed for trade? - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-17-2020, 07:20 PM