Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONTRACT OPTIONS: THJ Opts In | WCS to opt OUT | Hayward opts OUT
(11-17-2020, 01:43 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My fear is that they don't want him. He's not the kind of player whose plusses tend to be valued by RC.

I hope we move.  This is a knock on him as a person, but basketball just doesn't seem important to him.

Honestly wonder if he even wants to play basketball next year with the amount of money the league is going to withhold in escrow. Hard to talk yourself into mailing it in for a paycheck for another year when the paycheck is a fraction of what you're used to mailing it in for.

(11-17-2020, 02:00 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 01:45 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Ever since Sam Perkins, this team doesn't seem to do very well with birds in the hand.

I should have said "isn't a knock against him as a person".  He seems like an eclectic soul which I dig, and he has a ton of interests which is cool.  I just don't think basketball or maximizing his physical gifts is at the top of his important things list.

I don't think this is considered enough, especially regarding big men who have a modicum of athletic ability.   A lot  of them don't really want to be great basketball players, they just hit the genetic lottery and haven't found a most suitable career choice that makes up for the salary dropoff.    You can Andray Blatche your way into a 9 year career in the NBA with very little effort if you're 7 feet tall and not a stiff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CONTRACT OPTIONS: Mavs expect THJ to opt in, expect WCS to NOT opt in - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 11-17-2020, 10:13 AM