Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 10:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dallas wants a 3rd star. In fact, have even called OKC for CP3 who has no interest in Dallas. Dallas due to limited resources have really been everywhere trying to make a deal. They are hoping to land Danilo in FA and they would like Dragic who I am being told is a near lock to return to MIA. The player they think they have a shot at is Evan Fournier, but it could cost them THJ for a SnT if he opts out. Dallas wants to use their MLE on a key rotation player, Christian Wood has come up as the main target in FA.

I will start by saying this: I have very big doubts this guy has real sources. I think he is guessing/making stuff up.

[Image: giphy.gif]

So the Mavs want Danilo and Dragic in FA....Fournier via SnT for THJ....AND Christian Wood as "the target" at MLE?!?!

1) These things can't all be real simultaneously like his wording implies. Mavs can't do FA, SnT, and MLE all simultaneously. 

2) Fournier is a disaster on D. I would MUCH rather just stick with the known commodity of THJ. This is a lateral move at best, backwards at worst.

3) I get the interest in Danilo and Dragic (and everyone knows the Mavs have had interest in the past). Just regurgitation.

4) I don't believe the Mavs have interest in CP3. Just making stuff up with the report the Mavs want a third star which is public knowledge.

5) I would LOVE Christian Wood for the MLE. But wonder about his fit with RC (when Wood is known to not focus on details well) and I wonder if he is available for just the MLE.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Kammrath - 11-07-2020, 12:28 AM