Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woj: Morey stepping down down as GM of Rockets
(10-15-2020, 11:21 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 11:17 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm a Morey fan, but this is kind of a sorry move, imo. 

If you hated the Westbrook trade this much, quit BEFORE the season.

Where did you see Westbrook trade is the reason?

It's just common sense and connecting dots. The Westbrook deal was not one that a guy like Morey would believe in, and I've heard (and believe) that Harden went to the owner for that. 

It's clear that they're left with a very flawed roster and no easy way to remake it. That's not 100% about the Westbrook trade, but that one certainly made things worse. Rather than fight through the next few years, which will be brutal, he and the coach bailed. I'm cool with wanting out of a situation where Harden has more power than you do as the GM, I just think I'd have made more of a stink BEFORE the deal was made.

It's possible that 100% wrong about this, and Morey was the biggest fan of bringing Westbrook in. I don't think so, but it's possible. In that case, this would be even MORE sorry, because this huge mess would be ALL Morey's fault. And then he skips town because he can't be bothered to rebuild them out of it? Just let someone else clear the wreckage? 

That's sorry, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woj: Morey stepping down down as GM of Rockets - by KillerLeft - 10-15-2020, 11:26 AM