Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
I love the NBA and their product. It really doesn’t even occur to me to analyze how I feel about their politics, tbh. I couldn’t care less. If I want to spend some time obsessing over what’s going on in the world, the NBA isn’t among the first 50 sources of information that come to mind. 

Having said that, I’m sure there are people in this country who aren’t fortunate enough to have grown up in situations where they were exposed to even the most basic knowledge of how our political system works, and those people might actually benefit from seeing that their sports heroes care about what’s going on in the world. 

The current NBA has got to be the biggest concentration of black American wealth ever. You might not agree with their views on how to solve problems in this country, but the idea that they’re actively trying to use their success and influence to help people is fine with me. They’re trying to give back. If it continues, they might find more and more effective ways of doing so. If nothing else, it’s going to get more of the disgruntled poor involved in the system. That’s the entire point of democracy, is it not? 

If people want to deny themselves the joy of watching the best athletes on the planet play the coolest sport on the planet because they dislike being reminded that the athletes are PEOPLE, then I suppose that’s their prerogative. It’s not going to stop me from enjoying every second of this Luka Doncic era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday - by KillerLeft - 10-06-2020, 02:57 PM