Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court
(09-24-2020, 10:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 10:32 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Interesting.  Luka and KP are super upper right on a couple of these graphs.  Hardaway's agent needs to show the S + P graph in the power-point on why he deserves to be extended. .

Great post, but we need two new starters, with THJ being replaced.

You may have mentioned that before.  

That isn’t necessarily what the guys data shows.  On Court/Off Court data also shows THJ isn’t the problem.  In fact, 82games.com shows THJ as best on the team in On/Off.  I get being worried that his shooting was a one year aberration.  I’m also fine with trading THJ if something better is coming back.  

But, short of those things, I don’t really want to use resources to replace Hardaway.  It won’t be that easy to improve upon him and we don’t have that many resources.  KP/Luka/DFS/THJ shows up just fine in the guys data.  The funny thing is I can make a pretty good argument for the fifth piece being just about any position from PG to C.  I wish his software allowed that kind of thing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court - by DanSchwartzgan - 09-25-2020, 01:39 AM